For HELP: ligation of BIG inserts(ת¼Ä)

samy.bbs at DNS.CST.SH.CN samy.bbs at DNS.CST.SH.CN
Fri Mar 27 21:13:40 EST 1998

: I'm having trouble ligating 10 to 20 kb inserts into Bluescript (sticky
: ends). I'd be happy if somebody could give me a hint about ligation and
: transformation procedures (any addition to standard ligation protocol,
: electroporation rather than chemical transformation, ...?).
: Many thanks in advance
I think the problem of ligation is that the insertion is too big,
did you check the catalog to make sure if it is possible to insert
such a large fragment into pBluescript plasmid?

alf