HIV-1 Tat antibody

Brian Foley btf at t10.lanl.gov
Mon Mar 30 18:44:02 EST 1998

Maggi Burton wrote:

> Hi,
> Does anybody know where I can get some antibody against HIV-1 Tat? Thank you
> Maggi
> mburton at biocell.fundp.ac.be

Try the HIV Immunology Database at:

http://hiv-web.lanl.gov/immuno/index.html

Here is what I got, searching for tat:

============== begin copy from HIV-immunology database =========
Ranki95
Location: Tat(1-16) (View Tat ANTIBODY epitope map)
Location in WEAU: Tat(2-17)
I.D.: 1.2
Mab: y
Neutralizing: EPITOPE = EPVDPRLEWKHPGSQ?
Epitope: EPVDPRLEWKHPGSQ?
Immunogen: SPECIES =
Species: AUTHOR = Ovod92,Ranki95
Author(s): Ovod 1992, Ranki 1995
Alignment: Tat(2-17)

Notes:

    1.2: Weak expression of Tat observed in HIV+ brain tissue sample, in
contrast to Nef (Ranki 1995)

Mhashilkar95Valvatne96
Location: Tat(1-20 N-term) (View Tat ANTIBODY epitope map)
Location in WEAU: Tat(2-21)
I.D.: 1D9D5
Mab: y
Epitope: EPVDPRLEWKHPGSQPKTA
Immunogen: rec HIV-1 tat A
Species: murine(IgG1)
Author(s): Mhashilkar 1995, Valvatne 1996
Alignment: Tat(2-21)

Notes:

    1D9D5: Single chain antibodies (``intrabodies'') were engineered
that can be stably expressed in the cytoplasm of mammalian
    cells -- co-expression of an N-term "intrabody" can inhibit
transactivation of an HIV LTR-CAT construct and block import
    into nucleus, but "intrabody" specific for exon 2 did not inhibit
activity (Mhashilkar 1995)
    1D9D5: Exogenously delivered Tat can efficiently transactivate an
HIV-LTR-CAT construct in HeLa cells in the presence of
    1D9D5, suggesting when considered with the results of (Mhashilkar
1995), that free Tat and not Ab bound is taken up by cells
    (Valvatne 1996)

Dingwall89Dingwall89
Location: Tat(2-15 N-term) (View Tat ANTIBODY epitope map)
Location in WEAU: Tat(2-15)
I.D.: NT3/2D1.1
Mab: y
Epitope: EPVDPNLEPWNHPS
Immunogen: Peptide tat(2-15)
Species: murine(IgG1a)
Author(s): Dingwall 1989
Alignment: Tat(2-15)

Notes:

    NT3/2D1.1: Immunoprecipitates and immunoblots HIV-1 tat protein
(Dingwall 1989)
    NT3/2D1.1: UK Medical Research Council AIDS reagent: ARP352

Valvatne96
Location: Tat(49-86 C-term) (View Tat ANTIBODY epitope map)
Location in WEAU: Tat(49-86) ??
I.D.: 1D2F11
Mab: y
Epitope: RKKRRQRRRPPQGSQTHQVSLSKQPTSQSRGDPTGPKE
Immunogen: full length purified rec tat A
Species: murine(IgG1)
Author(s): Valvatne 1996
Alignment: Tat(49-86) ??

Notes:

    1D2F11: MAb did not bind shorter peptides -- this Mab inhibited
exogenously delivered Tat transactivation of an
    HIV-LTR-CAT construct in HeLa cells by inhibition of cellular uptake
of Tat (Valvatne 1996)

4B4C4: MAb did not bind shorter peptides -- this Mab inhibited
exogenously delivered Tat transactivation of an HIV-LTR-CAT
construct in HeLa cells by inhibition of cellular uptake of Tat
citeValvatne96Valvatne96
Location: Tat(49-86 C-term) (View Tat ANTIBODY epitope map)
Location in WEAU: Tat(49-86)?
I.D.: 4B4C4
Mab: y
Epitope: RKKRRQRRRPPQGSQTHQVSLSKQPTSQSRGDPTGPKE
Immunogen: full length purified rec tat A
Species: murine(IgG1)
Author(s): Valvatne 1996, Jensen 1997
Alignment: Tat(49-86)?

Notes:

    4B4C4: Also called 4B4
    4B4C4: MAb did not bind shorter peptides -- this Mab inhibited
exogenously delivered Tat transactivation of an
    HIV-LTR-CAT construct in HeLa cells by inhibition of cellular uptake
of Tat (Valvatne 1996)

Valvatne96
Location: Tat(49-86 C-term) (View Tat ANTIBODY epitope map)
Location in WEAU: Tat(49-86) ??
I.D.: 2D9E7
Mab: y
Epitope: RKKRRQRRRPPQGSQTHQVSLSKQPTSQSRGDPTGPKE
Immunogen: full length purified rec tat A
Species: murine(IgG1)
Author(s): Valvatne 1996
Alignment: Tat(49-86) ??

Notes:

    2D9E7: MAb did not bind shorter peptides -- this Mab inhibited
exogenously delivered Tat transactivation of an
    HIV-LTR-CAT construct in HeLa cells by inhibition of cellular uptake
of Tat, but less efficiently than MAbs 1D2F11 or
    4B4C4 (Valvatne 1996)

Valvatne96
Location: Tat(49-86 C-term) (View Tat ANTIBODY epitope map)
Location in WEAU: Tat(49-86) ??
I.D.: 5G7D8
Mab: y
Epitope: RKKRRQRRRPPQGSQTHQVSLSKQPTSQSRGDPTGPKE
Immunogen: full length purified rec tat A
Species: murine(IgG1)
Author(s): Valvatne 1996
Alignment: Tat(49-86) ??

Notes:

    5G7D8: MAb did not bind shorter peptides -- this Mab inhibited
exogenously delivered Tat transactivation of an
    HIV-LTR-CAT construct in HeLa cells by inhibition of cellular uptake
of Tat, but less efficiently than 1D2F11 or 4B4C4
    (Valvatne 1996)

Dingwall89
Location: Tat(C-term 73-86) (View Tat ANTIBODY epitope map)
Location in WEAU: Tat(73-86)
I.D.: NT2/4D5.24
Mab: y
Epitope: PTSQPRGDPTGPKE
Immunogen: Peptide Tat(73-86)
Species: murine(unk)
Author(s): Dingwall 1989
Alignment: Tat(73-86)

Notes:

    NT2/4D5.24: Immunoprecipitates and immunoblots HIV-1 tat protein
(Dingwall 1989)

Mhashilkar95
Location: Tat(C-term) (View Tat ANTIBODY epitope map)
Location in WEAU: Tat
I.D.: 2D9D5
Mab: y
Epitope: IMMUNOGEN
Immunogen: purified, recombinant HIV-1 Tat
Species: murine(IgG)
Author(s): Mhashilkar 1995
Alignment: not available

Notes:

    2D9D5: Single chain antibodies (``intrabodies'') were engineered
that can be stably expressed in the cytoplasm of mammalian
    cells -- co-expression of C-term "intrabody" did not inhibit
transactivation of an HIV LTR-CAT construct, in contrast to
    MAb 1D9D5 (Mhashilkar 1995)

Cruikshank97
Location: Tat(unk) (View Tat ANTIBODY epitope map)
Location in WEAU: Tat
I.D.: L-anti-Tat
Mab: y
Neutralizing: L P (when lipidated)
Epitope: IMMUNOGEN
Immunogen: rec Tat
Species: murine(IgG1)
Donor: AGMED, Inc., Bedford, MA USA
Author(s): Cruikshank 1997
Alignment: not available

Notes:

    L-anti-Tat: Lipidated antibody can be taken up by cells and
effectively block IIIB and primary virus HIV-1 replication in
    actively and latently infected cells (Cruikshank 1997)

============== end copy from HIV-immunology database =========

You also could try the NIAID HIV Research Reagents
site at:

http://www.aidsreagent.org/

|Brian T. Foley               btf at t10.lanl.gov                       |
|HIV Database                 (505) 665-1970                         |
|Los Alamos National Lab      http://hiv-web.lanl.gov/index.html     |
|Los Alamos, NM 87544  U.S.A. http://www.t10.lanl.gov/~btf/home.html |