Cannot resolubilize genomic DNA Gunnaporn Veeracha

Geoffrey Kidd gkidd at
Mon Nov 2 12:13:46 EST 1998

I had this problem once, when I first tried isolating genomic DNA.  It was impossible to re-dissolve.  As a final act of mad vengence, I even tried soniccation, but that failed as well.  I suspect that unfortunately you'll have to toss it and start over.  As
Reinhard said above, in the future don't over-dry it.  It is possible to overdry even without lyophilization; air drying can do it too.  Hope this helps.

Geoffrey Kidd, Ph.D.
Technical Services Manager
Aptagen, Inc.
(888) 367-4312