In vitro generation of multimers of gene which has BglII sites: HELP!

Richard Sucgang, PhD richard at pleaseREMOVEmonarchy.com
Tue Nov 3 04:11:01 EST 1998

In article <199811030546.NAA23925 at mail.shcnc.ac.cn>, shengyang at usa.net wrote:

>Hi, all:
>
>I want to generate multimers of my gene in vitro by clone it into
>pAO815. But there are 2 BglII sites within my gene. So, I can not
>use BglII and BamHI to cut my gene and ligate the fragments into
>multimers. Then, what can I do?

How about using XhoI and SalI instead?
This was a technique used to make multimers of the lacO site. Try looking
for Andrew Belmont's paper on it.

-r

--
To reply, please remove the pleaseREMOVE from the address.
It is just a SPAM deterrent.