ABI 310 capillaries, BigDye Reagent

nosuzuki at e-mail.ne.jp nosuzuki at e-mail.ne.jp
Tue Nov 3 03:24:36 EST 1998

In article <717ac2$81m$1 at nnrp1.dejanews.com>
clarosa at my-dejanews.com wrote
>> 2: We are looking at alternative reagents besides the exorbedent BidDye
>> terminator sets..   Anyone have any experience using other reagent sets or
>> possibly extender reagents.
How about to reduce the reaction volume. I am routinely useing a half
volume reaction. I use 4ul of the Big-Dye PCR premix for one template.
Protocol
1. mix 5ul of a template, 1ul of 3.2pmol/ul primer, and 4ul of the PCR
premix.
2. Do PCR and Ethernol precpitaion follewed by the ABI's protocol.
3. resuspend in 25ul of the suspension solition.
4. apply to ABI 310
This protocol must reduce 50% of the cost.
--
Norio Suzuki
e-mail: nosuzuki at e-mail.ne.jp