PVDF contra gel extraction for protein sequencing ?

Oliver Politz politz at medizin.fu-berlin.de
Tue Nov 3 07:00:57 EST 1998

Dear netters,
I would like to get some opinions about advantages / disadvantages to use either gel extraction of proteins or blotting them on PVDF membrane to perform tryptic digests for further HPLC separation and microsequencing. My problem is that I have to get the protein of interest out of a number of faint coomassie bands. I am thinking of using the electro-eluter  module for the Biorad Miniprotean cell (any experience out there).
Please email to politz at gmx.de
Thanks in advance
oliver