genotyping and Li-Cor

Hongmei Liang holst4 at pitt.edu
Tue Nov 3 13:19:30 EST 1998

Dear colleagues,

I am researching the purchase of a sequencer and have decided that
either the ABI 377 or
Li-Cor system will be needed.  I am wondering if anyone with experience
using the LiCor
system for fragment analysis (genotyping in particular) has had any
problems with the
system.  The ABI system with the markers within the lane should yield a
more accurate
fragment sizing but I was wondering if there are any real problems with
the LiCor system.
 I have no doubt that the LiCor system is great for price, quality, and
read length in
sequencing as well as for mapping kit prices but would like to have
somone with
experience give me an idea of how accurate the size calling is.

Thanks for your help,

Michael C. Gorry
University of Pittsburgh
Arthritis Institute