genotyping and Li-Cor

William Oetting bill at lenti.med.umn.edu
Wed Nov 4 14:25:05 EST 1998

Michael,

We have been using the Li-Cor system several years for both sequencing and
genotyping and have been very pleased with the results that we get.  For
genotyping, we use Li-Cor's GeneImageIR software for calling band sizes and
have found that it works well with all markers including dinucleotide
repeats.  The software will automatically call bases and allows the operator
to check size, bins and make any adjustments on the call.  Size calling is
accurate to a single base.  We have used the Li-Cor for both genome screens,
fine mapping and pooled DNA analysis.  If you have any specific questions,
send them to me and I will answer as best as I can.

Bill Oetting
University of Minnesota

bill at lenti.med.umn.edu