DIG DNA probe from RNA?

Thomas Engel Tom at I.have.no.address
Wed Nov 4 10:26:18 EST 1998

Dear all,

I have not been able so far to find an experienced answer to the following
question:

  Is it possible to make a DIG labelled DNA probe,
  from RNA, using hexanucleotides, DIG-dUTP and RT?

In other words, will a RT incorporate DIG-dUTP? I have not been able to
find documentation about a kit for this, or any information about the
efficiency of DIG-dUTP incorporation by RT.

I would like to know if this is possible, instead of having to go through
the extra step of making cDNA (it would save me plenty of work!)

Thank you for your comments,

   Tom Engel

-----
Please don't reply by e-mail. I (still) don't have a valid e-mail address.