DNaseI inhibitors

Ned Mantei mantei at cell.biol.ethz.ch
Wed Nov 4 07:29:54 EST 1998

In article <71pg09$b2j at morgana.mat.uc.pt>, "Ibili" <ibili at imagem.ci.uc.pt>
wrote:

> I`d like to know if there´s any specific inhibitor to DNAse I.

DNase binds to and is inhibited by actin. See:
Lacks, et al., Deoxyribonuclease I in mammalian tissues. Specificity of
inhibition by actin.
       J Biol Chem. 1981 Mar 25;256(6):2644-8.
 and
Ulmer, et al., Engineering actin-resistant human DNase I for treatment of
cystic fibrosis.
       Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996 Aug 6;93(16):8225-9.

I don't know whether this inhibition would be complete enough for your purposes.

--
Ned Mantei
Dept. of Cell Biology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology