searching for HLA negative cell line

John Ladasky jladasky at pmgm.Stanford.EDU
Thu Nov 5 21:47:38 EST 1998

	Whoops!  That was probably unclear.  Yes, Daudi does express
class I *heavy chain* mRNA.  Transfection of B2m into Daudi cells is
sufficient to restore the expression of HLA-A, -B, and -C.  This is
discussed in the following articles:

	Quillet A, et al.
	Increased resistance to non-MHC-restricted cytotoxicity related
	to HLA A, B expression. Direct demonstration using beta 2-micro-
	globulin-transfected Daudi cells.
	J Immunol. 1988 Jul 1;141(1):17-20.

	Seong RH, et al.
	Rescue of Daudi cell HLA expression by transfection of the mouse
	beta 2-microglobulin gene.
	J Exp Med. 1988 Feb 1;167(2):288-99.

	The articles that I quote below refer to *B2m* mRNA, which is
also expressed.  As I recall, one of two B2m loci is deleted entirely.
The remaining expressed B2m mRNA has a premature stop codon.

--
Rainforest laid low.
"Wake up and smell the ozone,"