searching for HLA negative cell line

Ian A. York iayork at
Thu Nov 5 20:50:30 EST 1998

In article <l03130302b267fa8ba8d7@[]>,
alex dobrovic <adobrovic at> wrote:
>Daudi is class 1 negative because it lacks B2 microglobulin. It may still
>express class 1 mRNAs though I am not sure if anyone has looked at this.

Daudi is *surface* negative for MHC class I (because it lacks b2m).  It
expresses the MHC class I proteins perfectly well, though they're retained
in the ER; and if beta-2 m is expressed in the cell the surface expression
of the MHC types is restored. Daudi has been haplotyped (it has an unusual
type), but I can't remember by whom.

    Ian York   (iayork at  <>