searching for HLA negative cell line

Ian A. York iayork at
Thu Nov 5 16:30:46 EST 1998

In article < at>,
David L. Haviland, Ph.D. <dhavilan at IMM2.IMM.UTH.TMC.EDU> wrote:
>Going strictly from memory,  Daudi (B cell) and K562 (erythroleukemic) come
>to mind as Class-I negative.  I also have it in my advisors handwriting
>(from *many* moons ago) that the B cell line Raji is also Class-I negative.

K562 are HLA negative, Raji are not.  You need to be careful with studies
on K562, because they upregulate their MHC when treated with interferon
(and various other things).  I don't know whether they have non-classical
class I.

Ian York                        |  I find that I have,
iayork at                |  as a result of this post,   |  grown to hate haiku     --Jennifer Mullen