removing NOS:NPTII:NOS from T-DNA region

Chung-Jui Tsai chtsai at MTU.EDU
Thu Nov 5 14:38:46 EST 1998

You can try call Clontech up to request the complete DNA sequence of
pBI121, although they no longer carry this series of vectors.  Or you can
use PmeI (a blunt-end cutter) and HindIII to remove the NPT-II cassette.
PmeI is located near (~10 bp) the 5'-end of the NOS promoter, or ~35 bp
from the beginning of the right border sequence.  The T-DNA sequences of
pBIN19
or pBI101 series ARE available in the genbank database but not their entire
vector sequences.

Hope this helps.

Chung-Jui Tsai
Michigan Tech University