yeast one hybrid system

gurumurthy d s gmurthy at TIFRVAX.TIFR.RES.IN
Sat Nov 7 07:48:05 EST 1998

--------------CF03EE12054E259C67117543

Dear netters

    I need some help about the yeast one hybrid system. I have a protein
with sequence homology with several DNA binding proteins. I want to find
the target sequences to which my protein would bind. I have seen reports
of yeast one hybrid system used to fish out DNA binding proteins. All of
them report finding proteins which bind to a known DNA sequence. I have
my protein as a fusion of Activation Domain of GAL4. I want to know if
any one has S. cerevisiae genomic library in fusion with any reporter
(LacZ, GFP, or any auxotropic marker) which can be used to screen for
the DNA binding specificities of my protein.

I would appreciate any help from you. If you know any one who I can
contact for this please let me know. If possible please send mails to me
directly at <gmurthy at tifr.res.in>

Thank you

Gurumurthy D.S.

--------------CF03EE12054E259C67117543

<HTML>
Dear netters

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I need some help about the yeast one hybrid system.
I have a protein with sequence homology with several DNA binding proteins.
I want to find the target sequences to which my protein would bind. I have
seen reports of yeast one hybrid system used to fish out DNA binding proteins.
All of them report finding proteins which bind to a known DNA sequence.
I have my protein as a fusion of Activation Domain of GAL4. I want to know
if any one has <I>S. cerevisiae </I>genomic library in fusion with any
reporter (LacZ, GFP, or any auxotropic marker) which can be used to screen
for the DNA binding specificities of my protein.

<P>I would appreciate any help from you. If you know any one who I can
contact for this please let me know. If possible please send mails to me
directly at &lt;gmurthy at tifr.res.in>

<P>Thank you

<P>Gurumurthy D.S.</HTML>