gkidd at aptagen.com
Mon Nov 9 12:02:41 EST 1998
Try searching MEDLINE at this site: http://igm.nlm.nih.gov/. Also, here
are some references that might help:
1. Meetei AR and Rao, MR. Protein Expr Purif 13:184-90 (1998).
Hyperexpression of rat
spermatidal protein TP2 in Escherichia coli by codon optimization and
vector-encoded 5' UTR.
2. Hale RS. Protein Expr Purif 12:185-8 (1998). Codon optimization
of the gene encoding
a domain from human type 1 neurofibromin protein results in a threefold
expression level in Escherichia coli.
3. Hubatsch I; Ridderstrom M; Mannervik B. Biochem J 330:175-9
glutathione transferase A4-4: an alpha class enzyme with high catalytic
efficiency in the
conjugation of 4-hydroxynonenal and other genotoxic products of lipid
4. Kim CH; Oh Y; Lee TH. Gene 199:293-301 (1997). Codon
optimization for high-level
expression of human erythropoietin (EPO) in mammalian cells.
5. Deng T. FEBS Lett 409(2):269-72 (1997). Bacterial expression and
biologically active mouse c-Fos proteins by selective codon
6. Cormack BP; Bertram G; Egerton M; Gow NA; Falkow S; Brown AJ.
143:303-11 (1997). Yeast-enhanced green fluorescent protein, a
reporter of gene
expression in Candida albicans.
7. Prapunwattana P; Sirawaraporn W; Yuthavong Y; Santi DV. Mol
8. Pikaart MJ; Felsenfeld G. Protein Expr Purif 8:469-75 (1996).
Expression and codon
usage optimization of the erythroid-specific transcription factor
cGATA-1 in baculoviral
and bacterial systems.
9. Yang TT; Cheng L; Kain SR. Nucleic Acids Res 24:4592-3 (1996).
usage and chromophore mutations provide enhanced sensitivity with the
10. Gouka RJ; Punt PJ; Hessing JG; van den Hondel CA. Appl Environ
(1996). Analysis of heterologous protein production in defined
11. Altmann SW; Timans JC; Rock FL; Bazan JF; Kastelein RA. Protein
Expr Purif 6:722-6
(1995). Expression and purification of a synthetic human obese gene
12. Kane, J., Current Opinion in Biotechnology 6:494-500 (1995).
Effects of rare codon
clusters on gene expression in Escherichia coli.
13. Airenne KJ; Sarkkinen P; Punnonen EL; Kulomaa MS. Gene, 144:75-80
Production of recombinant avidin in Escherichia coli.
14. Wang, B.Q., L. Lei, and Zachary F. Burton. Protein Expr Purif
Importance of codon preference for production of human RAP74 and
reconstitution of the
15. Gerchman SE; Graziano V; Ramakrishnan V. Protein Expr Purif
Expression of chicken linker histones in E. coli: sources of problems
and methods for
overcoming some of the difficulties.
16. Holler TP; Foltin SK; Ye QZ; Hupe DJ. Gene 136:323-8 (1993).
expressed in Escherichia coli from a synthetic gene.
17. Kotula L; Curtis, PJ. Biotechnology (NY) 9:1386-9 (1991).
Evaluation of foreign gene
codon optimization in yeast: expression of a mouse IG kappa chain.
Geoffrey Kidd, Ph.D.
Technical Services Manager
The Gene ForgeTM
Silvia Zalapa wrote:
> I'm a biology student and need help to prepare the theme "rare codons"
> in my
> school (Faculty of Biology, University of Nuevo Leon, Mexico). The
> only indicates the theme's name and directions very poor. I want to know
> to search in the web... I tried with "rare codons", but I need
> sequences, names,
> effects and manipulations. The theme is to Genetics of Microorganims and
> is necesary to aprobe the matter (seminary) and its limits is nov. 19.
> My name is Maritza Hernandez (girl) and the e-mail is:
> sarquiet at ccr.dsi.uanl.mx
> P.S. Thanks for anticipated and excuse my english...
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Methods