NEED HELP...

Geoffrey Kidd gkidd at aptagen.com
Mon Nov 9 12:02:41 EST 1998

Try searching MEDLINE at this site:  http://igm.nlm.nih.gov/.  Also, here
are some references that might help:

     1.   Meetei AR and Rao, MR.  Protein Expr Purif  13:184-90 (1998).
Hyperexpression of rat
     spermatidal protein TP2 in Escherichia coli by codon optimization and
engineering the
     vector-encoded 5' UTR.
     2.   Hale RS.  Protein Expr Purif 12:185-8 (1998).  Codon optimization
of the gene encoding
     a domain from human type 1 neurofibromin protein results in a threefold
improvement in
     expression level in Escherichia coli.
     3.   Hubatsch I; Ridderstrom M;  Mannervik B.  Biochem J 330:175-9
(1998). Human
     glutathione transferase A4-4: an alpha class enzyme with high catalytic
efficiency in the
     conjugation of 4-hydroxynonenal and other genotoxic products of lipid
peroxidation.
     4.   Kim CH; Oh Y; Lee TH.  Gene 199:293-301 (1997).  Codon
optimization for high-level
     expression of human erythropoietin (EPO) in mammalian cells.
     5.   Deng T.  FEBS Lett 409(2):269-72 (1997).  Bacterial expression and
purification of
     biologically active mouse c-Fos proteins by selective codon
optimization.
     6.   Cormack BP; Bertram G; Egerton M; Gow NA; Falkow S; Brown AJ.
Microbiology
     143:303-11 (1997).  Yeast-enhanced green fluorescent protein, a
reporter of gene
     expression in Candida albicans.
     7.   Prapunwattana P; Sirawaraporn W; Yuthavong Y; Santi DV.  Mol
Biochem Parasitol
     83:93-106 (1996).
     8.   Pikaart MJ; Felsenfeld G.  Protein Expr Purif 8:469-75 (1996).
Expression and codon
     usage optimization of the erythroid-specific transcription factor
cGATA-1 in baculoviral
     and bacterial systems.
     9.   Yang TT; Cheng L; Kain SR.  Nucleic Acids Res 24:4592-3 (1996).
Optimized codon
     usage and chromophore mutations provide enhanced sensitivity with the
green
     fluorescent protein.
     10.  Gouka RJ; Punt PJ; Hessing JG; van den Hondel CA.  Appl Environ
Microbiol 62:1951-7
     (1996).  Analysis of heterologous protein production in defined
recombinant Aspergillus
     awamori strains.
     11.  Altmann SW; Timans JC; Rock FL; Bazan JF; Kastelein RA.  Protein
Expr Purif 6:722-6
     (1995).  Expression and purification of a synthetic human obese gene
product.
     12.  Kane, J., Current Opinion in Biotechnology 6:494-500 (1995).
Effects of rare codon
     clusters on gene expression in Escherichia coli.
     13.  Airenne KJ; Sarkkinen P; Punnonen EL; Kulomaa MS.  Gene, 144:75-80
(1994).
     Production of recombinant avidin in Escherichia coli.
     14.  Wang, B.Q., L. Lei, and Zachary F. Burton.  Protein Expr Purif
5:476-485 (1994).
     Importance of codon preference for production of human RAP74 and
reconstitution of the
     RAP30/74 complex.
     15.  Gerchman SE; Graziano V; Ramakrishnan V.  Protein Expr Purif
5:242-51 (1994).
     Expression of chicken linker histones in E. coli: sources of problems
and methods for
     overcoming some of the difficulties.
     16.  Holler TP;  Foltin SK; Ye QZ;  Hupe DJ.   Gene 136:323-8 (1993).
HIV1 integrase
     expressed in Escherichia coli from a synthetic gene.
     17.  Kotula L; Curtis, PJ.  Biotechnology (NY) 9:1386-9 (1991).
Evaluation of foreign gene
     codon optimization in yeast: expression of a mouse IG kappa chain.

Geoffrey Kidd, Ph.D.
Technical Services Manager
The Gene ForgeTM
Aptagen, Inc.