DNaseI inhibitors

Dr. Peter Gegenheimer PGegen at UKans.nolospamare.edu
Tue Nov 10 11:34:15 EST 1998

On Wed, 4 Nov 1998 12:03:05, "Ibili" <ibili at imagem.ci.uc.pt> wrote:

> Hi There!
> I'm working with lipoplexes (lipid plus DNA)  and I`d like to test the
> action of DNase I in those complexes. However,  I also need to inhibit the
> DNAse I, but I can't use EDTA, heat or phenol extractions.
> I`d like to know if there's any specific inhibitor to DNAse I.
> Thanks in advance

Which divalent cations are essential for your analyses following DNase I treatment?
If you need _only_ Mg(2+), then you can inhibit DNase I with EGTA in excess over the
total Ca(2+).

| Dr. Peter Gegenheimer    | Vox: 785-864-3939  FAX: 785-864-5321 |
| Dept Biochem, Cell &     |   PGegen at UKans.edu                   |
|  Mol Biol; Dept Botany   |   http://RNAworld.Bio.UKans.edu/     |
| University of Kansas     |                                      |
| 2045 Haworth Hall        |  "The sleep of reason produces       |
| Lawrence  KS  66045-2106 |   monsters."                  Goya   |