Good RNA extraction and RT-PCR kits?

Thomas Deneka denekatj at juno.com
Wed Nov 11 22:06:52 EST 1998

    I am looking for advice on which RNA extraction kits are the best.
I am currently considering kits from ambion, promega, MRC and
stratagene, but would like to know of any good/bad experiences with
various kits.

     I will also be performing RT-PCR. I plan to use a kit from one of
the above mentioned manufacturers (or other if advised). I am not sure
what kit to get. One step or two? What kits are best?

     I will be extracting total RNA from Pseudomonas and using
subsequent RT-PCR product for Reverse Sample Genome Probing.

     Thank you in advance for any advice!

Thomas Deneka
denekatj at juno.com