somatic cell hybrid from chromosome 17

alex dobrovic adobrovic at
Thu Nov 12 19:04:41 EST 1998

The standard marker is thymidine kinase for which you need a Tk-rodent cell
line and HAT selection.
The hybrids formed will have a spectrum of chromosomes including human
chromosome 17. If you want a monochromosomal hybrid you will need to fuse
with microcells or alternatively get one of the lines that are available.

>Dear netters,
>    It will be much appreciated if anyone had a protocol for the transfer of
>human chromosome 17 into a non-human background (preferably CHO cells or
>others) forming a somatic cell hybrid. Specifically, is there a natural
>selectable marker on chromosome 17 that we can use?
>    Thanks a lot,
>Anthony Lo
>The Murdoch Institute
>Melbourne, Australia