Help:protein phosphorylation

Òàòüÿíà Íèêèòèíà TN3532 at TN3532.spb.edu
Thu Nov 12 06:48:59 EST 1998

Hello!

     I would be very grateful if you would give me some advice. The
point is that
we study the influence of RNA polymerase III phosphorylation on the
transcription
level in vitro and have faced one problem. When being analysed by
SDS-polyacrylamide
gel electrophoresis (by Laemmli, 1970), the phosphorylated RNA
polymerase III
subunits are arrested at the start line. At the same time
unphosphorylated
subunits of the enzyme run throug the gel freely. Would you let me know
whether you
had the problem like ours in your work and if that's the case how you
solved it.
Thank you in advance.

Tatyana Nikitina (TN3532 at TN3532.spb.edu),
St. Petersburg, Russia