Chemiluminescence, western blotting problems...

Lisa.Gill at UCHSC.EDU Lisa.Gill at UCHSC.EDU
Fri Nov 13 12:58:03 EST 1998

Hi,
I am experiencing a recent problem with my western blots in that I end
up with an extremely high backround when I expose the blot.
Interestingly, the high backround directly correlates with the area of
the blot that was in direct contact with the SDS gel during transfer.
Has anyone else out there had a similar problem, and how did you solve
it?  It almost seems as if the gel has something sticking to it that
is then transferred to the blot which upon interaction with primary
antibody, binds it up all over the blot.  Any suggestions would be
much appreciated.

Thanks,
Lisa