Gel shift extracts (was "none")

Bernard P. Murray, PhD bpmurray*STUFFER* at socrates.ucsf.edu
Mon Nov 16 17:54:23 EST 1998

In article <3.0.1.32.19981116101542.006b7464 at tx.technion.ac.il>,
bimaty at TECHUNIX.TECHNION.AC.IL (Maty Tzukerman) wrote:

> Does anyone has a protocol for extracting nuclear extract from a piece of
> frozen tissue for gel shift assay?
> Thanks in advance
> Maty Tzukerman
> Maty Tzukerman, Ph.D.
> Department of Molecular Medicine
> B. Rappaport Faculty of Medicine
> P. O. B. 9649, Bat Galim
> Haifa 31096, Israel
> Tel: +972-4-829 52 77/81
> Fax: +972-4-851 23 80
> e-mail: BIMATY at TX.TECHNION.AC.IL

One protocol I have in my file is by Roy et al. (1991)
"A short protocol for micro-purification of nuclear
proteins from whole animal tissue"
Biotechniques, 11(6), 770-777

I never actually used the protocol but it was the only
one that I could find when I looked into the subject a
few years ago.  When asking colleagues in the lab about
gel shifts from tissues they were very pessimistic as
none of the protocols for extraction from cultured cells
seems to work for tissue.  I hope this gives you
something to start with.
     Bernard
--
Bernard P. Murray, PhD