Frost-free freezers

szat at ere.umontreal.ca szat at ere.umontreal.ca
Thu Nov 19 11:59:45 EST 1998

In article <365364DA.29359C2D at itsa.ucsf.edu>,
  Philip Coffino <pcoffin at itsa.ucsf.edu> wrote:
> Our 18 year old freezer just died this week.  We are in the market for a
> new NON-frost-free freezer (with attached 4 degree space) and have come
> across the problem that most, if not all, suppliers carry frost-free
> versions.  Does someone know of a brand or supplier who still makes
> NON-frost-free freezers??

Most suppliers make non-frost free freezers, only they come as separate
units. Our university has an agreement with Frigidaire, for example, which
gives us significant discounts on all their products.  I have never come
across a unit here that was connected to a 4 degree unit - they were all
stand-alone units. We have both an upright and a chest-type that are
non-frost free.  The chest type units are more efficient, require less
defrosting, but are a bit of a pain to load/unload if you're looking for a
sample you have on the bottom... By the way, all of the major manufacturers,
GE, Maytag, Whirlpool, etc, have web sites, so you can check out their entire
product lines...

George