Cloning large inserts into pGEM7F

John R. McQuiston zje8 at cdc.gov
Fri Nov 20 14:01:40 EST 1998

It depends on how big they are, whether the gene(s) are toxic to E.coli.....
If they're big they could be shearing.  Give me (us) more info either on the
newsgroup or directly and I'll see if I can help.

I have cloned a 30kb fragment into pGEM 3z but I used a kan gene tagged on it
to select and maintain it.

John R. McQuiston

Foodborne Diseases Branch
Atlanta Ga