Chilly Chloroform?

Richard P. Grant see_sig at
Mon Nov 23 03:16:45 EST 1998

In article
<Pine.SOL.3.95.981121074503.13626A-100000 at>,
dhavilan at IMM2.IMM.UTH.TMC.EDU ("David L. Haviland, PhD") wrote:

> THis isn't obvious to me either but one thing did come to mind...  an
> attempt at safety by keeping CHCl3's vapor pressure a bit lower?  So that
> you, and your lab mates, aren't exposed to as much?  This came to me only
> as I am our Insitutes safety officer and we also have someone in the lab
> that is sensitive to CHCl3.

That's the only thing I could come up with.  Maybe the transition to
phosgene is slower, too?

Richard P. Grant MA DPhil     |             rgrant at
Senior R&D Scientist          |             work:
Cambridge Molecular           |      home:
           -- 'Bring me the hedge of Alfredo Garcia' --