HELP WHIT SOUTHERN WHIT SEMI DRY SYSTEM!!!!!

Vladimir Svetlov svetlov at oncology.wisc.edu
Tue Nov 24 14:03:39 EST 1998

In article <73el7m$r5t$1 at nnrp1.dejanews.com>, gigles at fvet.uba.ar wrote:

: I know about the semi dry system for protein-transfer, but I don't know how
: can I do it with DNA. I need to know the volts, amp, time and the buffers
: that I must use. Thanks.

Would you please calm down? It is no less than a fourth posting with or
regarding a trivial question the answer to which can be found in
appropriate user manual for Pharmacia Multiphor/Novablot, BioRad Transblot
or whatever unit you have. Electroblotting from DNA PAGE and agarose gels
is routinely done using diluted running buffer (0.3-0.5XTBE/TAE) at 30-40 V
(100-125 mA), time depends on the gel. The electric parameters here are
only ball park numbers and have to be determined more precisely using
manufacturer's recommendations for a given model (or a model with
comparable geometry and materials).

Regards,
V.

--