A problem about the nucleotide sequence format conversion.

Chris Boyd chrisb at hgu.mrc.ac.uk
Tue Nov 24 05:33:01 EST 1998

Jian Li (lijian at LIFE.SDU.EDU.CN) wrote:
: Dear netters:

: I have got a software on moleclar biology. It needs the sequences in the EMBL-format. I have got all the
: sequences I need from Genbank, but I don't know how to converse them into EMBL-format. Are there some
: free softwares for this purpose? If not, how could I do?

Use Don Gilbert's readseq. It's free. You can do DNA sequence file
format conversion using readseq online at
http://bimas.dcrt.nih.gov/molbio/readseq/

Alternatively, you can download binaries or source from
ftp://ftp.bio.indiana.edu/molbio/readseq/ and get yourself a local
version. A local (to you) web site of interest is at
http://biology.neehow.org.cn/wonderful/soft-download/mixsw97.html

: Also I have got the USERMannual of EMBL by email, but I could not find
: the methods to get all the sequences
: by
: keywords. I only know I could get a certain sequence. Could you tell me
: where I could get help (I could not
: find the proper email for help on the Mannual.)or how I could do it?

Can't help here, sorry.

Best wishes,
--
Chris Boyd                      | from (but not \  MRC Human Genetics Unit
Christopher.Boyd at hgu.mrc.ac.uk  | on behalf of) /      Crewe Rd, Edinburgh