Chilly Chloroform?

Richard P. Grant see_sig at
Tue Nov 24 05:09:57 EST 1998

In article <73dsqq$mhn at>, "Andy Bettany"
<andrew.bettany at> wrote:

> According to the Nucleon Phytopure protocol: "Chloroform at -20C is most
> effective to aid the removal of complexed proteins/polysaccharides." (Their
> words and syntax, not mine!).

Thanks Andy.  I wonder if there's any evidence for the veracity of their
statement?  Time to call in a favour, methinks . . .

Richard P. Grant MA DPhil     |             rgrant at
Senior R&D Scientist          |             work:
Cambridge Molecular           |      home:
           -- 'Bring me the hedge of Alfredo Garcia' --