Protein SDS-PAGE

Qiang Zhang qiz97001 at uconnvm.uconn.edu
Sun Nov 22 16:32:13 EST 1998

hi, everyone, i have a question about Protein SDS-PAGE. i run the gel which
is 0.75mm thickness, 2cm height of stacking get plus 12cm height of
separating gel under constant current of 30mA for two gels(15mA for each).
it runs so slowly that takes about more than 10 hours to run to the bottom.
the time is much longer than that in my lab's protocol. the concentration of
the stacking gel and separating gel are 3% and 10% respectively. i am sure
that there is no error in my all buffer. is there anyone who has experience
in it can give me some advice about why it is so slow and what i should
check about it. how long do you spend to run the gel like this? thank you
for your help and advice.