Centrifugation & fractionation

David Tucker David.Tucker at REMOVEMEmolsci.csiro.au
Wed Nov 25 00:50:07 EST 1998

Hello

Just a quick question regarding subcellular fractionation.

When a publication describes a particular fractionation protocol and
includes details regarding spin times and centrifugal forces (eg: the
extract was spun at 100,000g for 2 hours using a Ti75)...

...where can I 'assume' this centrifugal force applies to? Is it rMIN,
rAV or rMAX? Is there a standard way for reporting these values (ie:
always report rcf at rMAX?) I would have assumed rAV, but for
subcellular fractionation, is it safe to assume anything??

Cheers

David

***Remove the REMOVEME to reply***