Frost-free freezers

Chris Fields cjfields at jove.acs.unt.edu
Tue Nov 24 15:35:59 EST 1998

We have a non-frost-free fridge that is a pain in the ass to defrost
(once every 3-6 months, unless we want to dig our enzymes out).  I
switched to using an insulated box in a frost-free fridge and have had
no problems (I have stored EcoRV and Pfu pol, plus T4 ligase in it for
over a year now without any noticable loss of activity).  My "insulated
box," BTW, is a standard styrofoam container used to ship enzymes in
(the FREE ones)!

--
C. J. Fields
Graduate Student, Dept. of Biological Sciences

email : cjfields at jove.acs.unt.edu
"Giving money and power to government is like giving
 whiskey and car keys to teenage boys"
				-P. J. O'Rourke
"Join the military.  Travel to exotic places, meet
exciting people, then kill them"
				-Anonymous