cI857 and Sam7 lambda mutations

Michael Benedik benedik at uh.edu
Wed Nov 25 10:28:19 EST 1998

In article <KMpqyGAS38W2EwwP at genesys.demon.co.uk>
"Dr. Duncan Clark" <Duncan at nospam.demon.co.uk> writes:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Can anyone enlighten me to the exact position and base changes in lambda
> for the cI857 and Sam7 mutations.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Duncan
> --
> The problem with being on the cutting edge is that you occasionally get
> sliced from time to time....
>
> Duncan Clark
> DNAmp Ltd.
> Tel: +44(0)1252376288
> FAX: +44(0)8701640382
> http://www.dnamp.com
> http://www.genesys.demon.co.uk

Hi Duncan,

I just got out my trusty old copy of Lambda II.

The cI857 mutations is a C to T change at residue 37742 (wild type
sequence TTTTGCAAGCAA to TTTTGtAAGCAA

The Sam7 allele is at 45352 and is a G to A change CGCCTGGTTCAT to
CGCCTaGTTCAT

This info is also in the annotations of the Genbank sequence as well.

Michael

Michael Benedik
Department of Biology and Biochemistry
University of Houston                   Tel: 713-743-8377
3201 Cullen Boulevard, HSC 402          Fax: 713-743-8351
Houston, TX 77204-5513              email: benedik at uh.edu