Using Shampoo for Blots?

D. KIM dkim at NMSU.Edu
Wed Nov 25 17:53:16 EST 1998

I haven't tried it, but I am always interested in such things.  Remember
that nonfat milk is often used as a blocking agent in Western blots, and
no-one thinks that that is too far out!

I recall a paper in Analytical Biochemistry in which Xerox paper was used
as a protein transfer paper.  Now THAT's something to try!

Daniel Kim

Rupert Yip <yip at rascal.med.harvard.edu> wrote:
: Has anyone tried the recently published method in Biotechniques about
: doing Southern Blots with 0.4X shampoo (White Rain)?  I'm curious to
: know whether this technique is reproducible and reliable.

: Thanks