Using Shampoo for Blots?

Vladimir Svetlov svetlov at
Mon Nov 30 22:10:07 EST 1998

In article <73v8po$m64$1 at>,
klenchin at (Dima Klenchin) wrote:

> :Judging by those big cheeses that take the course soon you would not find a
> :lab without a good supply of Novex.
> .. and with a knowledge of how to cast a gel if needed (I am not *even*
> speaking about how it really works!)

This "knowledge" if needed can be found in any of the protein
isolation/purification manuals whose number seems to grow in reverse
proportion to the actual use of technique they describe. I'm a bit
surprised at this display of piety and pathos towards a routine and
auxillary technique, but then I never felt learning which fork was for what
dish was such a big deal either.

Vladimir Svetlov, PhD
McArdle Lab for Cancer Res.
1400 University Ave.