Using Shampoo for Blots?

Dima Klenchin klenchin at
Mon Nov 30 18:13:26 EST 1998

In article <svetlov-ya02408000R3011981440070001 at>,
svetlov at (Vladimir Svetlov) wrote:
:In article <73rvgo$15m2$1 at>,
:klenchin at (Dima Klenchin) wrote:
:> Well, sure, I mean, of course, why not, obviously? If you are willing to
: spend
:> a lot of money to get results that are inferior to cheaper freshly prepared
:> gels, then I see no reason not to use precast gels. Frees some time for
:> Usenet reading too :-))
:It seems to me that casting one's own gels does not necessarily preclude
:extensive Usenet browsing either <G>.
:> The simple fact that other things being equal, fresh gels with real
:> stacker _always_ resolve better.
:Well, we seem to agree that pre-cast are not entirely unusable now? Good.

yyyyyeah, sure.

:Judging by those big cheeses that take the course soon you would not find a
:lab without a good supply of Novex.

.. and with a knowledge of how to cast a gel if needed (I am not *even*
speaking about how it really works!)

:Hey, I even switched to automated sequencing now - what about you?

Of course we did. It's cheaper most of the time these days.

:The rest is fashion
:and/or personal taste.

Duh, another point I am forced to agree with :-)

        - Dima