Agrobacterium Ti plasmid preparation

Nancy Terryn nater at gengenp.rug.ac.be
Mon Nov 30 09:35:39 EST 1998

Hi netfriends,

well I guess the title says it all. I am trying to get relative pure
Agrobacterium Ti plasmid out of strain c58. I have tried the old Hirsh
protocol from 1980, but with low succes. We have used pronase to get a
better lysis of the cells, but it does not seem to help much. I also
tried a protocol from MIT to purify large BAC clones, but that didn't
work either. Any suggestions, references etc would be very wellcome...
Thanks!
Nancy Terryn
DEPARTMENT OF GENETICS                         Fax:32 (0)9 2645349
UNIVERSITY OF GENT, K. L. Ledeganckstraat 35, B-9000 Gent, Belgium
Vlaams Instituut voor Biotechnologie                           VIB
mailto:nater at gengenp.rug.ac.be    	   http://spider.rug.ac.be