proteolytic degradation of rcombinant protein

Frederik Boernke boernke at nospam.ipk-gatersleben.de
Mon Nov 30 15:31:51 EST 1998

Hi all,

I have this protein expressed as a MBP-fusion in E. coli XL-I blue
using NEB's pMAL vector. Unfortunately I only see a faint band in a
commassie stained gel. However, western blottig shows me several bands
all smaller than my fusion protein which to me seems like proteolytic
degradation. Is there any way to avoid this, like lowering temperature
or changing host strain.
Any hints will be appreciated.

Cheers
Ricky