Separation of ssDNA from dsDNA, but in gels !

Andreas Becker becker at
Thu Oct 1 10:56:05 EST 1998

On Tue, 22 Sep 1998 08:57:06 GMT, "Csaba Kiss" <csakis at> wrote:

><j.migeon at> wrote in message 6tunbt$3d2$1 at
>>If anyone knows how to effectively separate single-stranded
>>DNA from double stranded DNA (no gels),  I would be grateful
>>for any suggestions.
>You could use hydroxylapatite. It unspecifically binds dsDNA but not ssDNA.
>Do a search in the medline, look for old articles from the '70s and '80s.

Is there an appropriate method to do that for an analytical approach
with a gel. For ssDNA denaturating and for non-denaturating gels are
reommendet. But what to use for the analytics of both?

Thanks for any comments

Andreas Becker