proliferation assays

Guy Hermans ghermans at luc.ac.be
Fri Oct 2 01:47:44 EST 1998

In article <36146D1C.B50EEA8F at renal.wsahs.nsw.gov.au>, Heather Medbury
<medbury at renal.wsahs.nsw.gov.au> wrote:

> Hi netters
>
> Has anyone done proliferation assays with adherent cells?
> I need to quantify the proliferation of smooth muscle cells, and the
> methods in the journal articles are too brief to follow. They involve
> TCA precipitation of T* incorporated DNA.
> I would be grateful for an outline of this protocol or any other means
> of quantifying adherent cell proliferation

Although I do not have practical experience with the technique, I believe
Scintillation Proximity Assays (SPA) should work very well for you. Check
Amersham catalogue for details!

Guy

guy hermans, PhD student
MS research Unit             Tel 0032 (0) 11/26.92.07
Dr. L. Willems-Institute     Fax 0032 (0) 11/26.92.09
University Campus            E-mailghermans at luc.ac.be
B-3590 Diepenbeek
Belgium