Contig Assembly Software?

Bernard P. Murray, PhD bpmurray*STUFFER* at socrates.ucsf.edu
Mon Oct 5 19:59:46 EST 1998

In article <36195FF9.7B99 at Virginia.edu>, rjl6n at virginia.edu wrote:

> Hi all,
>      I was wondering if there are any good programs for the
> PC that will do contig assembly from sequence data?  I use
> GeneRunner for most of my mol. biol. work, but version 3.04,
> which seems to be the most recent version, does not have the
> sequence assembly module implemented.  Thanks.
> --
> John Lye
>
> e-mail to: rjl6n at Virginia.EDU
> homepage: http://avery.med.virginia.edu/~rjl6n/homepage.htm

All assembly programs were not created equal.  Check out the
following reference;

Miller & Powell (1994)
J. Computational. Biol. 1, 257-269

Mark found that GCG, FAB and Autoassembler appeared to work okay.
PC/GENE claimed that they were going to fix their module but
never seemed to get around to it.

     Bernard
--
Bernard P. Murray, PhD