Cetus thermocyclers

Dr. Duncan Clark duncan at nospam.demon.co.uk
Sat Oct 10 02:52:21 EST 1998

In article <361eb9ab.4349423 at news.ld.centuryinter.net>, Michael Black,
Ph.D. <mbblack at centuryintel.net> writes
>Hello everyone, another query about thermocyclers.
>
>I have quotes for a Perkin-Elmer 2400 and 9700, and am trying to
>justify the $4200 USD price difference.  Does anyone have experience
>with these two machines?  Aside from the interchangable block
>configuration on the 9700, is it really any better a machine than the
>2400?  Any inside info would be appreciated.

We have one of each. The 9700 is a lot faster than the 2400 and of
course you get to run 96 PCRs than 24. The 9700 has a smaller footprint
than the 2400. Programming is identical on both. I think in the end that
the ability to upgrade the 9700 is a big plus whereas with the 2400 you
are stuck with only a 24 well machine.

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark