How to elute Ab from Protein G-Agarose ?

Sidney Cambridge sidney at neuro.mpg.de
Mon Oct 12 05:39:23 EST 1998

Hi, everybody,

I need to "purify" a purchased antibody from the soup of other proteins
it came in and thought ProteinG coupled to agarose would be a good idea.
However, I heard only of one protocol that uses 200mM glycine ph 2.8.
While I don't care about the pH, I can't have any primary amines in the
elution buffer for the subsequent experiments. I understand that one can
dialyse the purified stuff but I'd rather not given that I have little
Ab to begin with. So, are there any elution buffers that do not contain
glycine or other primary amines ?

Thanks a bunch.

Sidney