What types of RNAse inhibitor exist?

Ashok Aiyar aiyar at ebv.oncology.wisc.edu
Tue Oct 13 18:12:48 EST 1998

On 13 Oct 1998 11:39:15 -0700,
    Bill_A_Nussbaumer at ms.bd.com (Bill_A_Nussbaumer at ms.bd.com) wrote:
>I have been looking for as broad spectrum RNAase inhibitor as possible.
>From numerous companies I have located human placental ribonuclease
>inhibitor that inhhibits RNAse types A (A, B, and C) in the presence of DTT
>.  There is another inhibitor from Ambion that does not require DTT but
>still functions against the same RNAses.  This is all I have found.  Does
>anyone know if there are any other RNAse inhibitors on the market?

If you are not planning to enzymatically manipulate the RNA you purify,
you could use ribonucleoside vanadyl complexes, which efficiently
inhibit most ribonucleases.  I have been told that they also inhibit
reverse transcriptase, but I do not have a reference that documents it.

Ashok
--
Ashok Aiyar, Ph.D.
McArdle Laboratory for Cancer Research