Help on Prokayrotic Protein Expression

Ricardo Silva Ricardo.Silva at CIGB.EDU.CU
Wed Oct 14 16:09:27 EST 1998

Hi,
If the codon usage of your 40 kDa protein is too different from the
usage of E. coli, problems often appear. Arg-rich and very
hydrophobic tracts also hamper expression in bacteria. Sensitivity to
degration might also decrease the amount of the product expected.

Hope this is helpful,
Best wishes,

ORLANDO,
DIV. VACUNAS, CIGB,
HABANA, CUBA

> I cloned the cDNA ...and have tried to produce this protein...
However, I have been getting very little expression...
This protein is  reported to be non-toxic...
(akhst7+ at pitt.edu)