Non-radioactive sequencing method ??

delete at leeds.ac.uk (Hedley Carr delete at leeds.ac.uk (Hedley Carr
Thu Oct 15 08:15:58 EST 1998

Hi all,
I'm looking for a non-radioactive DNA sequencing method that fulfils
the following criteria:

-Rapid to perform
-Cheap
-Base reading only need be 100-150 bp per lane.

OK, I'm dreaming, but I'm going to be sequencing rather a lot of short
sequences so massive reads aren't necessary. I would also prefer
non-radioactive methods because:

a) I value my gonads
b) Radioactive materials are a pain to handle and are useless after a
month of storage.

I've checked out a Cycle-sequencing method with silver-staining but
that didn't work particuarly well last time (poor signal to noise
ratio).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
	Hedley Carr.

P.S. To reply via e-mail, remove the 'XXX' from my address.