new DNA dye

Geoffrey Kidd gkidd at aptagen.com
Mon Oct 19 19:15:32 EST 1998

I think it's Sybr Green by Molecular Probes, Inc., and available through
FMC.  But be careful, because I don't think it works well when added to
a gel prior to electrophoresis.  Your gel has to be stained after the
run.  They don't mention this key difference in the catalog.  Also, Sybr
Green has to be stored in the freezer, preferably desiccated, I think.
Good luck!

Geoffrey Kidd, Ph.D.
Technical Services Manager
Aptagen, Inc.