new DNA dye

Roger Murphy murphy_r at licre.ludwig.edu.au
Tue Oct 20 23:09:58 EST 1998

In article <362BA021.57DBAB5B at acsu.buffalo.edu>, mczhang at ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU (Manchao Zhang) wrote:
>Hi! Guys,
>
>My boss just metioned to me there is a dye for DNA staning (agarose
>electrophoresis) which is more sensitive than EB, but he forgot the
>details, what is it? anybody has any idea?
>
>M.Zhang

There are lots of different DNA staining dyes available - I'd suggest you
contact Molecular Probes (they have a very good and helpful web site) and just
sift through the information there.  They also have a very good catalogue
which contains lots of info. on their dyes, so I'd suggest you give your local
rep. a call.  Look for http://www.probes.com or call them on (800) 4382209
(from US and Canada)

Cheers,
Roger