HELP WITH PHAGE DNA PREPS

Jayne Crew j.crew at garvan.unsw.edu.au
Tue Oct 20 23:52:10 EST 1998

We are having problems obtaining good yields of lambda Fix II DNA from
liquid lysis cultures (100ml/500ml) using LE392 or XLBLUE MRA bacteria.  We
have tried many different ratios of phage to bacteria for infection and
even if complete lysis of the cultures is seen between 4-6 hours we still
get a very poor yield of DNA although we get buckets of RNA ( which seems
to be resistant to RNAse treatment!) Can anybody help?  Thanks in advance.
Jayne

Dr Jayne Crew
Cancer Biology Division
Garvan Institute of Medical Research
St Vincent's Hospital                          Tel: (02) 9295 8330
Darlinghurst                                   Fax: (02) 9295 8321
Sydney NSW 2010                 Email: j.crew at garvan.unsw.edu.au
Australia                       URL:  http://www.garvan.unsw.edu.au