human DNA-extraction for STR-analysis (genotyping)

Dr. Heyko Skladny skladny at rumms.uni-mannheim.de
Wed Oct 21 09:06:33 EST 1998

Hi you all out there,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me some reliable methods for
DNA-extraction (fast, simple, cheap (the three things you really need)).
The human specimens should be of different origin like :skin, hair, swab
brush etc. to allow a genotyping. There is no need to extract tons of
DNA but the methods should be reliable.
One specific case is the recovery of DNA from fetal cells that had been
prepared by methanol-acetic acid treatment and heat-baking (80°C) onto
glass slides for karyotyping. Does anyone knows a method to solve this
problem??

any answers are welcome  :)

heyko skladny