Measuring DNA in GTC containg samples

P.C. Prince p.prince at CHEM.LEIDENUNIV.NL
Wed Oct 21 08:49:24 EST 1998

Hello reader,
I'm isolation total RNA from HEPG2 cells by the Chomczynski method. I
already gave up determining the protein content in the crude extract
(for correction by total protein content). So now I want to try it by
determining the total DNA content.
Q.How can I accurately measure the total DNA content of a sample which
is diluted in Guanidine ThioCyanate without distortion of the signal.
Thank you in advance. Perry Prince
--

Leiden/Amsterdam Center for Drug Research.
Leiden University;Einsteinweg 55 P.O. Box 9502 2300RA, Leiden The